Flight Pro Sim Game Review
Reviewer: George Cayley
Website Reviewed: FlightProSim.com | The Fully Featured, Real Life Flight Sim
Recently I purchased Flight Pro Sim and trialed it out. This was to ensure I got an unbaised review of what really is on offer, and I was pleasantly surprised…
After thorough testing I have no doubt that anyone who purchases Flight Pro Sim will be more than happy with what they find inside.
In fact, when I logged in and downloaded the software in the members area quite frankly it contained what a lot of other flight simulator software companies sell as their full suite for a couple of hundred dollars.
In a flash it was downloaded and I was going over the install. The simulator itself was very straight forward, and installed quickly. I tried the extra add-on packs and they also installed quickly.
It was now time to test out the actual flight simulator. It started and I went over the amazing selection of planes. Far more than I thought, then on to choose the take off location and off I went.
The first thing that blew me away was the realistic controls. I had a go at flying a Cessna and was surprised as to the level of detail that has gone into this simulator. Unlike an arcade game, it actually took some time to master the controls and get into the air. Already I know this will be a keeper and not some boring game with no challenges.
Although normally I am not a fan of user manuals (most tend to be far too indepth), I found the Flight Pro Sim Quick Start Guide had everything I needed to start flying and it is only a couple of short pages.
Once air borne I was surprised again as to the level of detail as I flew close to the ground I had trees, sheep, a bridge and then the buildings came hurtling towards me. I tested it out further and went higher. Soon I was up in the clouds and blinded by the sun, literally….
After a couple of flight hours, I manged to get the hang of most of the basic skills. I was addicted and soon I was looping through the 3D clouds..
To really test it out I loaded the extra addon scenery packs to see if I could fly anywhere as they claimed…. and soon I was over the Effiel tower. I tried again and did the amazing Grand Canyon Tour, then again from Israel to Jordan and over the Dead Sea.
I quickly found out that yes this flight sim does over deliver on the promise of freedom and actually gives you unlimited flying options. The best this is I have gone all over the world in only a few hours, without actually leaving the living room.
This software is very comprehensive, the controls even look and feel realistic. The wind direction matters and even the slope of the runway!
The Flight Pro Sim members area also has a comprehensive manual that was easy to follow and pointed out exactly how to get started. This is simple enough for beginners to understand, yet goes into enough detail for all those advanced flight experts. There is even a guide called ‘Flight School’ to get you in the air in the shortest period of time possible.
So why would you buy any othersoftware that is five times more when Flight Pro Sim has EVERYTHING you need in one place?
The base package has about 50 planes available for you to try out. I do however recommend that you get the add-on pack as this gives you well over 100 more planes to try out.
- The air craft available are diverse and range from the 1903 Wright Flyer, strange flapping wing “ornithopters”, 747’s and A320, various military jets, and far to many more to list
- You also have the option of flying different Helicopters
- The full scenery lets you fly any where in the world
- Night flying is a treat as you actually see ground lighting from urban areas and headlights on major highways
- The map data is based off actual USA military data
- The aircraft controls are very realistic
- Realistically models real world instrument behaviour.
- Instruments that lag in real life lag correctly, gyro drift is modelled correctly, and the magnetic compass is subject to aircraft body forces
- There are over 20,000 real world airports in the fully set
- Correct Airport Lighting
- Correct runway markings, placement and approach lighting. Directional airport lighting that smoothly changes intensity as your relative view direction changes
- Taxiway Lighting
- Taxiways available for many larger airports (including green centre line lights when appropriate)
- Real Life Runway Elevation
- Sloping runways (runways change elevation like they usually do in real life)
- You can get together with your friends and try out the Multi player game mode
- Work with other flight fans to fly in formation or do acrobatics.
- Real time Integration with Google Maps
- There are realistic 3D cockpit views where you get full control of everything
- Support for aircraft carrier landings on the Nimitz and on The Eisenhower.
- The carriers are equipped with a working catapult, arrester wires, elevators, TACAN and FLOLS
- You can record your flight for later viewing
- There are so many different views available. You can look out the window, at the seats in the plane, back at the plane…
- You can try out Air-Air refuelling with the two tanker aircraft
- Auto pilot function
- Challenging and fun simulator that will give you hours of fun
- Multi PC License – This can be used on as many systems as you want.
- 100% FREE updates.
- Fantastic customer support
My advice is that if you truly want a fun yet challenging real life flying simulator then Flight Pro Sim is essential.
Rest assured, I have tried Flight Pro Sim and can personally recommend this product.
From my review I have found that Flight Pro Sim is easy to use, offers loads of extra features.
This is an amazing piece of software and is available at a bargain price, you really can not lose.